The abduction of the principal of Community Grammar School, Esiele, Alamu Folawe, has sparked widespread concern over the safety of the captives. A viral video showing Mrs Folawe pleading for urgent rescue from captivity has deepened public concern over the school attack in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State.
The attack on schools in the area, including Baptist Nursery and Primary School, Yawota, Community Grammar School, and L.A Primary School in Esiele, resulted in the abduction of several pupils, students, and staff members. The Oyo State Police Command confirmed that an assistant headmaster, Mr Adesiyan, and an okada rider were killed during the coordinated attack.
In the video, Mrs Folawe, appearing visibly distressed, appealed to the federal government, the Oyo State Government, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), and security agencies to ensure the safe release of the abducted pupils, students, and staff members. The video has been widely circulated online, surfacing amid ongoing search-and-rescue operations by security operatives following the attack.
I am Mrs Alamu F.R. I am the principal of Community High School Esinele in Oriire Local Government of Oyo State. On Friday, around 9:30 a.m., we were attacked by a certain group of people and a good number of us were abducted, the staff and the students as well.
The Oyo State Police Command says it's commenced forensic analysis of the viral video linked to the recent abduction of school pupils and staff in Oriire Local Government Area of the state. The command reaffirmed ongoing efforts to secure the release of the victims, stating that the footage is undergoing comprehensive forensic examination to determine its authenticity. They're gathering intelligence that could assist rescue operations and investigations.
The police also cautioned against the spread of unverified information, warning that misleading content could heighten tension and be exploited by criminal elements. The command advised members of the public to refrain from sharing unverified information, misleading contents, or materials capable of heightening tension and creating unnecessary panic. They don't want people to share anything that could make the situation worse.
Earlier on Saturday, the Oyo State Commissioner for Information, Dotun Oyelade, said the abductors had been trapped within a section of the Old Oyo National Park as security agencies intensified rescue operations. Mr Oyelade said security forces had sealed off possible escape routes to prevent the suspects from fleeing into neighbouring states. This move won't allow the abductors to escape easily.
The emergence of the viral video has raised fresh questions over whether it was recorded within the same forest perimeter said to have been sealed off by security operatives, or whether the abductors may have moved the victims outside the cordoned area. The Chairman of the Oyo Global Forum, Taiwo Hassan Adebayo, said security operatives are still tracking armed groups believed to be behind the recent school abductions in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State. They're working hard to find the perpetrators.
Key Facts
- The attack on schools in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State resulted in the abduction of several pupils, students, and staff members.
- An assistant headmaster, Mr Adesiyan, and an okada rider were killed during the coordinated attack.
- The Oyo State Police Command has commenced forensic analysis of the viral video linked to the recent abduction.
- Security agencies have intensified rescue operations, with the abductors reportedly trapped within a section of the Old Oyo National Park.
The incident has highlighted the need for increased security measures in schools, particularly in areas prone to attacks. The Oyo State Government has been urged to take immediate action to ensure the safe release of the captives and prevent future attacks. It's essential that they act quickly to address the situation.
As the situation continues to unfold, the Oyo State Police Command has reassured residents that coordinated security operations are ongoing to ensure the safe release of the victims. The command has also appealed to members of the public to provide any information that could aid in the rescue operations and the apprehension of the suspects. They're counting on the public's help to rescue the captives.
In the meantime, the abducted principal, Mrs Folawe, and the other captives remain in the custody of the abductors, with their safety and well-being hanging in the balance. The Oyo State Government and security agencies face mounting pressure to secure their release and bring the perpetrators to justice. They can't afford to fail in this mission.
The incident has also sparked concerns over the general security situation in Oyo State, with many calling for increased security measures to prevent future attacks. As the search for the captives continues, the people of Oyo State remain anxious, hoping for a safe and speedy resolution to the crisis. They're waiting patiently for news about the captives.
The Oyo State Police Command has promised to provide updates on the rescue operations and the investigation into the attack. For now, the fate of the captives remains uncertain, with the Oyo State Government and security agencies working tirelessly to ensure their safe release. They won't give up until the captives are safe.
The abduction of the school principal and the other captives has sent shockwaves across Oyo State, with many expressing outrage and concern over the incident. As the situation unfolds, it's clear that the safety and well-being of the captives are of utmost importance, and every effort must be made to ensure their safe release. The government and security agencies must do everything they can to rescue the captives.
The Oyo State Government and security agencies must work together to prevent future attacks and ensure the safety of schools and students in the state. The incident has highlighted the need for increased security measures and cooperation between government agencies and the public to prevent such attacks. They need to work together to make the state safer.
As the people of Oyo State wait with bated breath for the safe release of the captives, they're reminded of the importance of vigilance and cooperation in preventing such incidents. The Oyo State Government and security agencies must take immediate action to address the security concerns and ensure the safety of all citizens in the state. They can't delay in addressing these concerns.
The search for the captives continues, with the Oyo State Police Command and other security agencies working tirelessly to rescue them. The people of Oyo State remain hopeful, praying for the safe release of the captives and an end to the crisis. They're hopeful that the captives will be rescued soon.
The Oyo State Government and security agencies are taking steps to ensure the safe release of the captives and prevent future attacks. They're working hard to address the security concerns and make the state safer. The people of Oyo State are waiting to see the results of their efforts. They want to feel safe again. The government and security agencies won't stop until they've achieved their goal of making the state safe for everyone.