The Accord Party has raised alarm over what it described as a 'second attack' on Imole House, the Osogbo campaign office of Ademola Adeleke. According to the party, armed men opened fire on the premises and damaged parts of the building on Sunday night. This incident comes amid growing political tension ahead of the 15 August governorship election in Osun State. The party doesn't think this is an isolated incident, and it's worried about the safety of its supporters.

The claim was contained in a statement issued by Accord National Chairman, Barrister Maxwell Mgbuden. Mgbuden alleged that the attack occurred on Sunday night, with glass windows shattered during the incident. The party's offices inside the building, including that of the Accord State Chairman, Victor Akande, were damaged. They're not sure who's behind the attack, but they're calling for an investigation. The party also alleged that the words, 'SAY NO TO AUTOMATIC TICKET,' were written on one of the walls within the premises.

'The national leadership of Accord condemns in strong terms the unprovoked attack on Imole House, which comprises Governor Ademola Adeleke's campaign office and the party's state secretariat,' Mgbuden said. 'The attackers shot sporadically at the building, shattering glass windows and damaging offices, including the Accord State Chairman's Office.' It's clear that the attackers didn't care who they hurt, and they didn't care about the damage they caused.

The party linked the incident to what it described as a pattern of attacks and vandalism allegedly targeted at its supporters and campaign structures in recent weeks. They're saying that this isn't the first time they've been attacked, and they don't think it'll be the last. 'After bragging to make Osun State ungovernable for Senator Ademola Adeleke, the thugs associated with the opposition in the state had earlier destroyed Accord and Imole Campaign Council's billboards, vandalised public properties and killed the son of the party's woman leader in Irewole Local Government Area,' Accord stated. The party's leaders are worried that things will get worse before they get better.

The party also said security agencies had earlier been alerted to alleged plans to foment trouble ahead of the governorship election. They're surprised that the incident still occurred, and they're wondering what security agencies are doing to prevent these kinds of attacks. 'Security agencies were duly notified of the plots by these desperate politicians to use thugs to cause mayhem and destabilise the state ahead of the 15 August 2026 governorship election in the state,' Mgbuden stated. The party doesn't think security agencies are doing enough to keep them safe.

The Accord Party called on the Inspector-General of Police and the Director-General of the Department of State Services to investigate the incident and prosecute anyone found culpable. 'The police should also provide adequate security at Imole House and strategic places in the state to prevent a recurrence of these dastardly acts,' the party said. They're not asking for special treatment, they're just asking for the same protection that every citizen deserves.

And while condemning what he described as garrison politics, Mgbuden said: 'Politics is a contest of ideas, not violence.' The party's statement has raised concerns about the safety of politicians and their supporters in Osun State, as the governorship election approaches. It's not just about the politicians, though - it's about the ordinary people who are affected by the violence. The party's leaders are worried that the situation will get out of control if something isn't done soon.

Key Facts

  • The attack occurred on Sunday night at Imole House, the Osogbo campaign office of Ademola Adeleke.
  • Armed men opened fire on the premises, damaging parts of the building.
  • The incident is the second attack on the campaign office, according to the Accord Party.
  • The party has linked the incident to a pattern of attacks and vandalism targeted at its supporters and campaign structures.
  • Security agencies had earlier been alerted to alleged plans to foment trouble ahead of the governorship election.

As the 15 August governorship election in Osun State approaches, the attack on Ademola Adeleke's campaign office has raised concerns about the safety of politicians and their supporters. The incident has also highlighted the need for security agencies to take proactive measures to prevent similar incidents and ensure a peaceful election process. It's not just about the election, though - it's about the future of the state. The party's leaders are worried that if the violence continues, it'll be hard to rebuild.

The Accord Party has called on the Inspector-General of Police and the Director-General of the Department of State Services to investigate the incident and prosecute anyone found culpable. The party has also urged security agencies to provide adequate security at Imole House and strategic places in the state to prevent a recurrence of such incidents. They're not asking for much, just a chance to campaign without fear of violence. The party's supporters are worried, and they're waiting to see what the authorities will do.

In the midst of growing political tension in Osun State, the attack on Ademola Adeleke's campaign office has sparked fears that the campaign atmosphere in the state could become increasingly volatile in the weeks leading up to the election. The incident has also raised questions about the ability of security agencies to maintain law and order during the election period. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it. The party's leaders are counting on the authorities to keep them safe.

The Osun State governorship election is scheduled to hold on 15 August 2026. The election is expected to be highly contested, with several political parties and candidates vying for the top seat in the state. As the election approaches, there are concerns about the potential for violence and intimidation, and the need for security agencies to take proactive measures to prevent such incidents. The party's leaders are preparing for the worst, but they're hoping for the best.

The Accord Party has urged its supporters to remain calm and peaceful, despite the attack on Ademola Adeleke's campaign office. The party has also called on security agencies to investigate the incident and bring those responsible to justice. As the election approaches, the party has reiterated its commitment to peaceful and democratic processes, and has urged its supporters to conduct themselves in a peaceful and orderly manner. They're not going to let the violence intimidate them - they're going to keep campaigning, no matter what. The party's leaders are confident that they'll emerge victorious, as long as the election is fair and peaceful.